Aptamil® Feed Thickener (380g)
Aptamil® Feed Thickener is a thickening agent and may be mixed with breast milk or infant formula to assist in the management of regurgitation. In all cases it should only be used under medical supervision.
- This product is not an infant formula or breast milk substitute
- Use to thicken liquids but not as a sole source of nutrition
- Failure to follow directions can be harmful for your baby
- Only to be used under medical supervision
- Not suitable for use with premature infants
Maltodextrin, carob bean gum. May contain traces of milk.
Mixing directions of Aptamil® Gold+ Feed Thickener
Preparing thickened bottle feeds: Use expressed breast milk, or prepare infant formula as directed. Add to the bottle, 1 Scoop (4g) per 100ml of breast milk or formula. Shake vigorously. A medium-fast flow teat is recommended unless otherwise advised.
Preparing a Gel: Aptamil® Feed Thickener can be mixed with a small amount of cooled boiled water or expressed breast milk and fed as a gel before, during or directly after the breast feed. Alternatively, it can be mixed with expressed breast milk to thicken the feed.
Note for all feed preparations:
- For use under medical supervision
- Only use scoop provided with the can
- Do not prepare gels or thickened feeds in advance as thickness will increase on standing or refrigeration
Discard unfinished feeds and gels immediately
Store in a cool dry place. Use by the date on container bottom. After opening, keep container airtight and use contents within four weeks. Some settling of the powder may occur.